Friday, April 17, 2009

Welcome to Paper Cranes for Bridger



There is an old Japanese legend that states that anyone who has a thousand paper cranes will be granted a wish. We are going to make a thousand paper cranes to be hung in Bridger's hospital room so that Danny and Staci will get their wish for Bridger.



This blog is an extension of Bridger's Bulletin. We wanted a second blog so that we can post various pictures of all the people that contribute to Bridger's thousand cranes, without taking away from the importance of Bridger's Bulletin. We are asking anyone and everyone who wants to make a crane (or many cranes) to please do so. We are using 6 x 6 origami paper, simply because it is easier to fold than the 3 x 3 size. It can be any color, any pattern, foil, etc...The only thing that is "required" is that you please put your name and the date on the crane. If you make cranes, please take pictures and send them to me (jomakamcki@digis.net) and I will post them on the blog. We would love to have pictures of people in the process of making cranes, finished cranes, groups making cranes...whatever you would like to take pictures of. Once you have finished your cranes, you can give them to me, or someone else in the family that you know, and we will make sure they get to Bridger.

If you need help making an origami crane, there are plenty of sites online with directions. One I used was www.pacificfriend.ca/html/how_to_make_a_paper_crane.html. It can be a bit confusing if you have never done it before. I found it much easier to do after watching this video posted on Youtube, www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9VF3gdf_Hk. If you need more help after that, feel free to contact me and I will get with you and show you how.

Thank you for helping get us closer to making our wish for Bridger come true.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Maura,
    How beautiful it will be to see 1000 oragami cranes hanging above little Bridger! I believe in miracles and we will make as many cranes as we possibly can! I'm pretty klutzy...and mine probably won't be as pretty as others..but I can't wait to get started. Tell Danny and Staci we're all here for them and their little trooper. They've been in my prayers every night since Derek Chatwin contacted us to tell us about Bridger. We'll get our cranes to your mom's if that's ok if you'll make sure they make it to Bridger.
    Hugs,
    Yvonne Eskelson

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are getting things together to make cranes. However, I need another lesson. Will help you with the beads when they get here to hang all the cranes. Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, my name is Kristin and my boyfriend Dean Fountaine is really good friends with both Danny and Staci. Just wanted to let you know my friend and I have made about 100 cranes so far! I will have Dean get them to Danny or else we'll get them to someone else soon! Glad we can help out:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yvonne, I'm sure your cranes will be beautiful! If you can get them to my mom that would be great.

    Kristin, Way to go!! We appreciate all the help we can get.

    Everyone, don't forget to email me pictures so we can post them on the blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK...I may need the young women from the Eagle Mountain 6th Ward to come over and teach me how they did it!! I've watched several videos...printed off instructions...wasted a bunch of paper and my only crane that even resembles a crane looks like a beat up flower!! I'm just kidding...sort of. I'll get it eventually. Christa and Jessi are way better at this than I am and if they show me..very slllloooowwwly, I'll get it! I'm sorry we haven't held up our end...yet. How amazing though...Dean and Kristin...WOW...the girls from the ward...amazing! Maura, you're a wonderful sister-in-law!!

    ReplyDelete