Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Some new pictures!

Cranes hanging in box frames


Close up of hanging cranes



Staci really wanted to be able to save all of Bridger's cranes. Because of Bridger's fragile immune system, and not wanting to risk exposing him to any germs, she chose to have the cranes framed. This way she can keep them forever.


Cristy, Bridger's Nana, has worked many hours trying to figure out the best way to frame the cranes while still preserving them in their intended shape. She came up with a couple of different ways. First is like the pictures above. By stringing them and putting them in the box frame it allowed her to keep the cranes in their shape without having to flatten them. The second is a larger frame with the cranes slightly flattened and pinned to the back of the frame. This way Cristy was able to put many, many more cranes into the one huge frame. When I get a picture of this other frame I will post it as well. There are cranes from every single person that made them in the frames. All 1000 of them.


Thank you again for all of your continued support. A special thank you to Bridger's Nana for all of your hard work putting the frames together! I will post more pictures as soon as I get them.


2 comments:

  1. I've seen the framed cranes and they are SO cool. In fact I'm sure you could sell something like that for a lot of money. All those colors and the shapes make for a nice wall hanging. Nana, you're the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would just like to tell everyone who helped contribute to Bridger's cranes, Thank you. It was an honor for me to be able to work with them. I want all of you to know that I learned something from being able to do this. I believe, it is not the number of cranes that can make the wishes come true, but instead, it is the love, and hope, that was put into each crane that was folded. I could feel that as I was able to handle each crane before I mounted it onto the mat board. Each person who helped, donated their time and talents to wish Bridger better. That is very powerful. Thanks to each of you for loving our sweet baby, and for sending that love with your cranes!
    Love,
    Cristy

    ReplyDelete